CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Boring

I first heard Drive By in concert in early April of this year. It was obvious at the show that this was a new band, just getting used to being on tour; their act lacked the presence and energy of a veteran group. However, their music was good, with catchy beats and memorable hooks, and it was apparant that these guys could very well have a future in store for them in the music industry.
That's why I was so excited to see Drive By's debut music video on Fuse yesterday.
The minute the chorus broke out during the video, I remembered hearing Boring at the concert. After I was done reminiscing on the show, I paid close attention to the lyrics, the music, the whole essece of the song. I had never heard a recorded version of Boring; I had just heard the song once live. I was pleased to discover that the song was just as much fun to listen to recorded as it was to hear in concert.
Here's to Drive By; we hope you guys have a stellar career and enjoy many more successes along the way.
This is Boring.

Drive By - Boring Official Music Video



Boring
Drive By

What are you on about
I'm listening to you
And somehow you've stopped making sense again
Honey you're tired
Just go to sleep
Before you fall face down again

You're boring
I'm wide awake and you're snoring
If you're awake it's not working
So what's the point

Of this
How did I find myself with you
I don't love you
You've suddenly stopped making sense again
Another thing your stories
Uninteresting and boring
Eventually they have to end
End right now

You're boring
I'm wide awake and you're snoring
If you're awake it's not working
So what's the point
Struggling through another night with you
You're boring
You're boring
Another word about your friends and you

I was only kidding
Get back into bed
Before it all ends bad again

You're boring
I'm wide awake and you're snoring
If you're awake it's not working
So what's the point
Strugging through another night with you
You're boring
You're boring
Another word about your friends and you

Goodnight
Goodnight

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to watch the video, but I like the lyrics. They sort of remind me of stuff I wrote a few years ago, when I was writing lyrics all the time. Haha only much better then mine xD

Savy said...

I remeber hearing Drive By at the My Chem concert too. I don't think I heard this song though. Not a big fan of the chorus, but I see these guys getting popular.