CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Celine Dion - Always Amazing

Alright guys, I'm going to state an opinion here - if anyone says that Celine Dion is anything less than an amazingly talented vocalist, they've got something wrong in the head. Alright? Good. Glad we're on the same page here.
I first fell in love with Celine when she moved us all with the vocals to "My Heart Will Go On", the love theme in the remarkable 1997 film, Titanic. I've never purchased a Celine album or listened to any of her other songs, but I don't doubt for a second that any of those songs are breathtaking as well.
Now I have another reason to adore this fantastic vocalist; Celine Dion's outstanding voice graced the latest promo for the new CBS TV series Moonlight, a show about a Private Investigator who leads a secret life as a vampire. I fell in love with the promo first - I am a huge fan of Moonlight, even though it's only aired two episodes so far - but later paid closer attention to the lyrics of the song Celine sings, titled "Taking Chances".
Below are the lyrics to Celine Dion's "Taking Chances", as well as the promo for Moonlgiht, curtosy of YouTube.
Enjoy.

Taking Chances
Celine Dion

Don't know much about your life
Don't know much about your world, but
Don't want to be alone tonight,
On this planet they call earth

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out
And maybe this is going too fast
And maybe it's not meant to last,

{chorus}
But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?

I just want to start again,
And maybe you could show me how to try,
And maybe you could take me in,
Somewhere underneath your skin?

{chorus}

And I had my heart beaten down,
But I always come back for more, yeah
There’s nothing like love to pull you up,
When you’re laying down on the floor there
So talk to me, talk to me,
Like lovers do
Yeah walk with me, walk with me,
Like lovers do,
Like lovers do

{chorus}

Don’t know much about your life
And I don’t know much about your world...


Moonlight Promo

1 comments:

Love Always Reno said...

Hmmm, love the lyrics, they're gorgeous, but I don't like the song a whole ton. Celine's definately done better work in my opinion...