CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Phantom of the Opera!

Hey guys, new music genre for ya, if you've never seen Andrew Lloyed Webber's, Phantom of the Opera you have missed an absolutely amazing performance with some of the best singers, lyrics, and music of all time. Needless to say, watch it as soon as you possibly can. Emmy Rossum is stunning, "voice like an angel" as she is suppose to have, she fits the part absolutely perfectly, she is such an amazing actress and vocalist, and only 17 when she filmed Phantom! Gerard Butler has a very unoperatic voice but is amazing as well. The lyrics for all of the songs are incredible, just breath taking, and with the musics the entire thing is just, omg there's no words that can desribe it....so, here are some lyrics from my favorite songs, not all of the lyrics sometimes, but some favorites and samples...

Phantom of the Opera

In sleep he sang to me
In dreams he came
That voice which calls to me
and speaks my name
And do I dream again
for now I find
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside my mind

Sing once again with me
Our strange duet
My power over you
grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me
to glance behind
The Phantom of the Opera is there
Inside your mind

Those who have seen your face
Draw back in fear
I am the mask you wear
It's me they hear...

Your/My spirit and my/your voice
in one combined
The Phantom of the Opera is thereInside my/your mind

*the your / mys are where the Phantom and Christine are both singing one of them, Christine says Your spirit and my voice, while the Phantom says My spirit and your voice, meaning together they make up the whole song. The meaning behind all the lyrics is incredible...

Angel of Music

Father once spoke of an angel
I used to dream he'd appear
Now as I sing, I can sense him
And I know he's here
Here in this room he calls me softly
Somewhere inside hiding
Somehow I know he's always with me
He, the unseen genius

This is an amazing verse by Emmy, she just nails it, so beautifully.

Music of the Night by far has the most incredible lyrics, I have to add the whole of them here, it's the Phantom's solo, and the words are just so so true and gorgeous, I cannot get enough of this song!

Music of the Night

Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation.
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination.
Silently the senses abandon their defences

Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendour.
Grasp it, sense it tremulous and tender.
Turn your face away from the garish light of day,
Turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light -
and listen to the music of the night...

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams!
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before!
Close your eyes,let your spirit start to soar!
And you'll live as you've never lived before

Softly, deftly, music shall caress you
Hear it, feel it, secretly possess you
Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind,
in this darkness that you know you cannot fight
the darkness of the music of the night.

Let your mind start a journeythrough a strange, new world!
Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before!
Let your soul take you where you long to be!
Only then can you belong to me

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication!
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation!
Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in
To the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

You alone can make my song take flight
Help me make the music of the night

Well I was going to bold the phrases I liked the most but I think I would have nearly the entire song bolded, these lyrics are just too perfect. There are so many other great lyrical songs in the movie, here's a link http://www.stlyrics.com/t/thephantomoftheopera.htm to all of the song lyrics, so please see the movie, please listen to the songs, and be ready to just become obbsessed with it.

2 comments:

RoXy said...

that movie was so cool I watched it with a friend it's so cool my fav part is where he takes off his mask

Anonymous said...

love those songs and the movie too! my gma still has my cd i think...lol i love you girlie
love joey G