CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Music in Poetry

I recieved this poem as a handout today in English, and I just really loved it. I thought the words were so true...
At first I thought it was stretching the boundaries of what this site was about, posting a poem, but then again, songs really are just poems set to music... And can there be boundaries to a site about music? Can music have boundaries? I don't believe so.
In the end, I decided to share this with ya'll. And if you think about it, the words do kind of fit this site...
Anyway, enjoy.

Music

Music-it has the power
against myself to control my emotions
and that creates a need
for me to own it
and control myself.
Each new genre of music
releases an explosion inside myself
of adrenalin which I am eager
to run off and use.
Every music store is
an Amazon of new bands
fighting to release their
own personal effects on everybody.
But I am also fighting
to try the new bands first
and accept and enjoy the effects
that music throws at me.

~Jacob Miller

© 2002 by Nancie Atwell from
Lessons That Change Writers
(Portsmount, NH; Heinemann)

1 comments:

Love Always Reno said...

wow....that's awesome....